Managed Scanning Solutions
SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF PAPER and ENHANCED MOBILE WORKING
In today’s market more than ever, law firms face the challenges of competition, client demands, compliance, efficiency and cost reduction.
One major contributor to this solution is potentially that the future of the “office” is continuing to change into a highly mobile, connected digital workspace where all the information of the business, certainly his caseload is at the lawyer’s fingertips.
We can all benefit with a move towards a paperless environment
- Information on our desktop to save the time and the frustrations of searching for files in a mixed digital and paper scenario
- Cutting the cost of storage which for many firms runs into 10s of thousands of pounds either with third parties or using up expensive local storage
- Lawyers being able to work securely from anywhere at any time adding to efficiency and productivity through agile working and hot-desking
Many firms understand the need for this but are put off by the scale and timing of the challenge. It cannot all be done in one go and a strategy is required and the development of an archiving policy
Comments from our existing Law Firms:
- Many of us use our case management systems quite well for document management including the storage of papers from other parties sent electronically but in some cases we still struggle with inbound hard copy
- We then have mixed files because of the age of the live matter
- We then have closed and archived files that may need referring to or re-opened but have to be retained for compliance purposes
- We then have archives that need to be retained for long periods and maybe only on one further occasion need to be recovered but holding them physically is costly and inefficient – let alone forgetting where they are.
Until improved methods are brought forward that convert the paper on the desk into information that is instantly accessible anywhere & anytime, organisations will be forced to continue working in two separate worlds – paper and digital.
MLS Advantage member – Docutech – through collaboration with leading vendors such as Microsoft, Ricoh, other Case and Practice Management Suppliers and if required secure and compliant UK data centres are now in a position to assist firms to bridge that gap through the use of MSS (Managed Scanning Solutions).
Docutech is to introduce a consulting service supplied by experts in the sector to assist law firms to develop a phased strategy and an archiving policy. This service is planned to start by taking stock and then look at the short, medium and long term requirements to cost effectively manage a programme to provide the cost reductions, mobile/agile working, efficiency and compliance.
This service is so much stronger than the perceived selling of scanners and printers and will include newer technologies such as “follow me print”, proximity cards and pin codes add so much to security, lack of waste and agile and effective working:
- Print costs and storage will be reduced
- Time spent searching for information can be significantly reduced
- The work place will be more fast and efficient, more secure and regulatory compliant.
- The ability to share, store and retrieve information quickly and easily is dramatically enhanced, as the print costs are significantly reduced.